Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Communication woes

Back in November I placed an order with one of our suppliers for a bike trailer system that can be used for xc-skiing also hoping to get it before our trip to Alberta in December, the rep for that company assured me that they had plenty in stock and ready to ship..... well the day after ordering it, I received a phone call from the distributor saying that they don't have any in stock and they are expecting their first shipment mid-december, and they put it on a watch list for us. Oh well, no luck for our vacation.

Soon after returning from Alberta, I checked the availability, and they puched back their date to mid-january, then mid-january came along and it was expeceted at the beginning of february. I'm starting to think that I won't see it until summer. I had been quite excited to get out skiing with it this year as Abby is too big for our old system (me wearing her like a back pack).

Well I finally received a phone call that they had arrived, so I told them to go ahead with the order I had placed in November. The reply? What order? uggg.... So I had to get another form from the rep to fill out again (took about a week and a half for him to fax it). I filled it out and sent it out yesterday. Today, I get a fax back today saying that 4 of the items I had ordered were not available for a staff discount order (a few tools) and another part they were out of stock on (the rep had assured me that anything in the catalogue was available on the program). So it's down to two items, Im just glad the trailer is one of them. So out of 7 items, I get 2. Hopefully.

1 comment:

Jess said...

Well dear,
I am very grateful for our new HUGE bike trailer. Thanks for researching it and ordering it and doing all the work for it really. I appreciate it. You are the best.
Jess