Friday, February 8, 2008

St. Vital Park XC skiing

Just a little not about the quality of trails over at St. Vital park. I went there yesterday to get a bit of exerceise and some fresh air. Many of the parks around the city have groomed XC ski trails to use so I decided to check it out seems how it's only a couple minutes from my house.

Well, much to my disapointment, the trails were in horrible condition, many of the sections were just smooth from people walking on them, others were right along side the road so all the nice sand and rocks were kicked up onto the trail (great for ski bases). Until we get another big dump of snow, the trails at St. Vital park aren't likely to get much better.

As I was leaving the park, I saw another guy walking in, skis and poles over the shoulder, probably excited to go for a couple loops. Sorry bud, prepare to be disappointed.

On a brighter note, it was nice to get out for a bit, though it is more fun when Jess and Abby come with me. We'll have to wait a little while before we can take Abby again though as she is too big for the baby bjorn that I used before. Hopefully the trailer I ordered will arrive soon with the ski attatchment so we can take her along again.

No comments: